Hospitalist Jobs in Texas
Sunday · August 18, 2019
1 Job in The Lone Star State
Photo: View of the many highways and skyscrapers of downtown Dallas.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Ft. Worth ) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Administers personnel policies and procedures in accordance with approved policies to ensure that competent hospital personnel and hospitalists are engaged, educated, evaluated and developed.
- Interacts with ancillary departments, especially Radiology, Laboratory, and Pharmacy, to ensure the effective workflow of the hospitalist services.
- Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
- Schedules physician coverage on a 24-hour-a-day basis and ensures backup at all times.
- Continually assesses provider activities and initiates changes that will improve the quality of services offered, enhance performance, and/or upgrade efficiency and effectiveness.
- The Medical Director plans, organizes, staffs, and directs inpatient caregivers and reports all pertinent activities to the Regional Medical Director.
- Performs evaluations of the physicians on an annual basis and reports a summary to the Regional Medical Director.
- Responsible for training, orienting and addressing concerns of APPs.
- Maintains an active and ongoing performance improvement program in keeping with the objectives of the Hospital and Questcare performance improvement.
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services.
- Questcare Hospitalists, a division of Envision Physician Services, is seeking a Medical Director to lead their Hospitalist program at Medical City Alliance.
- Known as the city where the west begins, Fort Worth melds its rich western heritage with technology, modern amenities, and progressive leadership to make it an ideal location to live and work.
- Responsibilities will include direct patient care.
- Strong leadership on a local, regional and national level.
- With more than 109 acres of museum space, Fort Worth has the second-largest number of accredited museums within walking distance of each other, second only to Washington D.C.
- With more than 25,200 affiliated providers coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally-recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported through innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
- Closely monitors hospitalist financial performance to ensure that budgetary objectives are attained while maintaining quality care standards.
- Develops a system to answer and evaluate all complaints or inquiries of patients concerning hospitalist physician services within two business days and reports same to Administration in a timely manner.
- Meets with the Hospital Administrator with oversight of the hospitalist program monthly in a formal session and as needed or otherwise possible to update hospital management on hospitalist status and to develop rapport to support quality care and other Questcare goals.
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast.
- The hospital is conveniently located in Fort Worth and serves families from Keller, Justin, Watauga, Roanoke, Trophy Club, Saginaw, the Alliance corridor, and surrounding communities.
- The Medical Director of the Questcare Hospitalist program will be responsible for supervising the professional work of hospitalists and the programs and activities conducted by the program.
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement.
- The Medical Director monitors standards of performance consistent with the quality standards of the hospital and Questcare.
- Competitive compensation including several benefit options.
- Submits a monthly Medical Director report to the Regional Medical Director and the Questcare Operating Unit.
- Designated as one of America's "Most Livable Communities" by the Partners for Livable Communities, Fort Worth prides itself on being a city of cowboys, culture, commerce and community.
- Colleague referral bonus program.
- Influences managerial and supervisory staff to take action and accomplish predetermined objectives through decision-making, communications, and motivational activities.
- Fort Worth, TX is one of the largest and fastest-growing cities in the United States.
- Optimal staffing ratios and flexible scheduling options.
- Benefits and Compensation.
- Together with the Hospital Management and the Questcare Operating Unit, develops short- and long-range plans for the hospitalist services in keeping with the goals of the hospital and Questcare.
- Participates as an active member of Medical Staff Committees to assist in the development of medical policy for the Hospital and provides specific guidance and recommendations relative to the hospitalist services to ensure quality and efficient patient care services.
- Oversees all patient care, professional work and Medical Staff administrative activity by the hospitalist services as established by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations.
- Dallas/Fort Worth has the 4th highest concentration of Fortune 500 headquarters in the United States and is well-known for its low cost of living and quality of life.
- Envision Physician Services is a dynamic, physician-led organization which has been offering exceptional career opportunities since 1972.
- Enforces the Hospital Bylaws and the Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations of the Medical Staff.
- As a part of the Medical City Healthcare network of hospitals and specialists, patients are ensured access to leading medical specialists and advanced healthcare innovations across the network.
- "A" rated professional liability insurance.
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs.
- The region places great value on higher education with over 60 colleges and universities and a combined enrollment of more than 325,000 students.
- Medical City Alliance offers world class health care with a personalized approach.
- The region's central location in the United States and proximity to Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the 4th busiest in the world, make Fort Worth a gateway city to the world.
- Acts as liaison with the Medical Staff and maintains rapport with attending physicians and clinical departments.
- Communicates to Questcare Operating Unit and other appropriate management and medical forums pertinent information, statistics, problems, and plans so that an excellent understanding of activities, issues, and opportunities in the hospitalist services exists.
- Medical City Alliance is a three story, 155,000-square-foot hospital that opened to serve families in North Fort Worth and Tarrant County in 2015.
This perm job from Envision Physician Services was last open on Mar 11.