Hospitalist Jobs in Texas
Sunday · February 17, 2019
1 Job in The Lone Star State
Photo: View of the many highways and skyscrapers of downtown Dallas.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Fort Hood) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Attends discharge planning, key medical staff meetings and conferences serving as an authority on inpatient medicine and adult medical critical care.
- KEY Requirements - This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Two lakes are only 15 minutes away.
- Assist in the educational programs for the hospital providers, staff and patients.
- Overview: FYI - Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 United States.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- Incumbent's professional performance is evaluated in terms of competency, accomplishment and patient satisfaction.
- May be recalled to duty from scheduled time off.
- Qualificiations: United States Citizenship Required - You will be required to provide proof of United States Citizenship.
- Performs a wide range of medical duties specializing in all aspects of inpatient care and allowing around the clock access from admission to discharge, and responds to all hospital intercom and pager announcements requesting rapid physician response to patient emergency situations such as Code Blue (stop breathing/resuscitate), Code Stork (emergency infant delivery) etc.
- Must obtain and maintain an Adult Cardiac Life Support (Acls) certification.
- Must obtain and maintain a Basic Cardiac Life Support (Bcls) certification.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations.
- A job offer to an applicant who is a not a current employee will be withdrawn if the applicant refuses to be tested.
- Position requires employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Performs highly responsible duties in the advanced examination, diagnosis and treatment of inpatients on medicine service.
- Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Promotes and ensures inpatient safety and patient satisfaction.
- A Childcare Background Check (Cnaci) is required.
- License/Certification: Doctor OF Medicine Board Certified.
- The incumbent works independently in accordance with methods and practices of the medical profession and established policies as an expert.
- Fort Hood rests in the beautiful hill and lake country of Central Texas approximately 60 miles north of Austin and 50 miles south of Waco.
- Affordable urban and suburban housing is readily available.
- Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact.
- Serves as Staff Physician for inpatient medicine service, and as the Medicine Consultant for inpatient services.
- Reponsibilities: Works under the administrative and clinical direction of the Chief, Department of Medicine/Chief, Internal Medicine, who outlines the general scope of professional services and administrative policies.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- Local colleges provide higher educational opportunities.
- Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- The area is home to many churches, shopping centers, recreational facilities and fine restaurants.
- Manage and coordinate the entire inpatient episode of care, and works cooperatively with the inpatients Primary Care Managers, Surgeons, and Specialty Consultants.
- Applicants with verified positive test results shall be refused employment.
- Because of the weather, outdoor recreation is available much of the year.
- Serves as a representative for inpatient medicine areas of quality improvement, budgets, billing, equipment, staffing, yearly goals, practice guideline compliance, and public relations.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing.
- Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- This position requires working under adverse environmental conditions.
- Duties also include ICU medicine such as advanced access techniques, invasive diagnostic procedures such as paracentesis and thoracentesis, and application of nationally recognized current medicine practices.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential.
- Immunization screening is required.
- Physician - Hospitalist Job in Fort Hood, TX.
- Serves as the attending Staff Physician and Clinical Educator for members of the Family Medicine Residency who are involved with inpatient medicine service.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
- Follows through to ensure effectiveness of treatment, post discharge follow up and collaborates with specialists when indicated.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Applications from such individuals shall not be considered for employment for a period of 6 months from the date of the test results.
- Serves as the gatekeeper to inpatient medicine services for the clinics, emergency department and outside institutions.
- Incumbent manages ventilators and central lines independently.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Oct 30.